Period Pain (Dysmenorrhoea) is a widespread female problem which affects 40-90% of women. Period pain can have a real impact on quality of life, leading to absences from work and school.
The Ova Plus Period Pain Reliever offers a drug-free pain relief option from period pain and the pain of secondary menstrual pain due to conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids or pelvic inflammatory disease
The unit applies a small electric current through two electrode patches placed on the lower abdomen. This causes muscles in the uterine area to relax, leaving a calming analgesic effect.
This small and convenient unit can be worn all day under clothing to provide safe, continuous, drug-free period pain relief whilst maintaining a normal, active lifestyle.
- Clinically Proven – Trials carried out using the Ova Plus have identified that TENS is very effective at treating period pain. TENS reduces the cramping which is caused by reduced blood flow to the muscles. Results of the trial illustrated that the Ova Plus did not present any side effects, such as nausea and drowsiness, commonly associated with analgesia and other pain relief drugs.
- Endometriosis Pain Relief – Treatment for Endometriosis consists of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs or the oral contraceptive pill, all of which work by reducing the activity of the uterine muscle. The Ova Plus uses TENS which, rather than reducing uterine muscle activity, works by altering the body’s ability both to receive and to perceive pain signals. Endometriosis sufferers feel that the Ova Plus takes the edge off the pain and makes life more tolerable.
- Long-life Rechargeable Battery – The Ova Plus has a long-life rechargeable battery which can be charged via USB to enable quicker, more convenient charging without the use of a mains adaptor.
- Do not use with any electronic medical devices e.g. pacemaker or if you have a heart rhythm problem
- Do not use if you are or may be pregnant; or in the first 6-8 weeks after childbirth
- Do not use if you have, in the area being treated: active or suspected cancer; or have undiagnosed pain with a history of cancer
- Do not use if you have poor sensation in the pelvic region
Caution should be used if you have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy.
Do not place electrode pads: on skin which does not have normal sensation; on broken skin; or on the front of the neck/head/over the eyes.
Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have undiagnosed pain or have had recent abdominal surgery.
The device should not be used while driving, operating machinery, or any other activity in which involuntary muscle contraction may put you at risk of injury.
*Your healthcare professional will advise you whether this product is suitable for you/ your condition. Always read the label and instructions. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
**If you are wanting to claim a rebate on this product, please contact your Health Insurance Company prior to purchasing to see if online purchases are eligible, as we are not a Healthcare Provider.